HISTORICAL FOOTAGE NO. 1
(from giornale luce b1453) 1 feb1939

Opening of the first lift at Ciampinoi. The lift was a so-called 16-seater sledge lift, pulled by a winch and rated at 60 HP. The lift was 1275 m long with a vertical drop of 560 m, and it ran at 3.5 m/sec (13 km/h). The ride took 7 minutes. At the time the newspapers described the sledge lift as the “the biggest in Europe”.
In 1959 it was replaced by a lift with two-person cabins and later by a two-seater chairlift.
The film shows the Opening and Blessing Ceremony with bottle breaking.

Watch the film » (2.9 MB)


fHISTORICAL FOOTAGE NO. 2
(from SETTIMANA INCOM) 9 DEC 1947

Downhill and slalom races on the Ciampinoi pistes with the finish at Campo Freina.

Watch the film » (1.9 MB)

 

 

digital editing by Gardena.Net